1. The information we collect about you when you visit our website, use our products or services, or otherwise interact with us.
2. How we use, share, store, and secure the information.
3. How you may access and control the information.
1. The privacy practices of this statement apply to our Services (as defined under our Terms and Conditions) available under the domain and subdomains of www.design4hk.com (“Website”) and such other websites and mobile device applications operated by us through which we render Services to you from time to time (collectively or individually, “Design4HK”).
1) INFORMATION COLLECTED
2. >As a Design4HK user you need to provide a valid email address for registration and choose a username or alias that represents your identity on Design4HK.
3. You may be required to provide additional information (business address, business type, business identification number, bank account information, billing address, telephone number, and/or a physical mailing address etc.) for some of the Services.
4. You may optionally choose to provide your full name and other personal information (such as birthday, gender, location) to other user(s) on Design4HK in connection to your account and activity.
5. Your username or alias is publicly displayed and connected to your Design4HK activity.
6. We do not collect sensitive data or special category data about you, including details of your race, ethnic origin, politics, religion, trade union membership, genetics, biometrics, health, or sexual orientation.
7. We may contact user(s) for clarification of further information regarding identities, businesses or items listed on Design4HK on a confidential basis, to ensure compliance with our rules and policies.
9. We strive to notify you in advance whenever possible, in the unlikely event that we may be legally required to use your personal information in accordance with/compliance to legal or regulatory obligation (in response to claims, legal processes, law enforcement or national security requests etc.).
10. We automatically receive and record some information from your browser (your IP address, cookies and browsing footprint etc. through record of log files provided by our third-party tracking-utility partners) when you use Design4HK.
11. Information we collect helps us in analyzing and understanding how Design4HK displays and interacts with our user(s) and visitor(s), enabling us to tailor user experience to user(s) and visitor(s). It may also be applicable in performing the contract we have entered (or are about to enter) with you (products and services operation, and customer support) and, with your consent, directing marketing materials (products and services promotion).
14. If we are acquired by a third party as the result of a merger, acquisition, or business transfer, your personal information may be disclosed and/or transferred to a third party in connection with such transaction. We will notify you should this takes place and inform of available choices regarding your information.
15. We may receive or collect information (email address etc.) about a person who is not yet a registered Design4HK user (“non-user”) in connection to certain Design4HK features (a non-user subscribing to a Design4HK newsletter, a user inviting a non-user to visit the Website, or a non-user engaging in a transaction etc.).
17. It is your sole responsibility to gain affirmative consent from counterparty, in any event that you are collecting personal information (name, ID number, address etc.) from your customers, users or visitors for your handling and usage.
18. Design4HK Terms and Conditions require all account owners to be at least 18 years of age (or have the permission and supervision of a responsible parent or legal guardian), therefore, this policy does not confer the use of Design4HK or the Services by minors.
2) INFORMATION USAGE
1. We use your personal information to facilitate the services you request. We use your personal information in the file we maintain about you, and other information we obtain from your current and past activities on Design4HK to:
i. Verify your identity.
ii. Resolve disputes.
iii. Problem troubleshooting.
iv. Help promote safe trading.
v. Collect fees owed.
vi. Consumer interest measuring.
vii. Informing offers and updates.
viii. Customize your experience.
ix. Assisting direct marketing, advertising, or other communications.
x. Detect and protect you and us against error, fraud and other criminal activity and monitor regulatory risk.
xi. Investigate potential illegal activities and threats to personal safety and property and breaches of contracts.
xii. Enforcing our Terms and Conditions.
xiii. Complying with legal requirements.
xiv. Having obtained express consent from you or otherwise described to you at the time of data collection.
2. We may occasionally look across multiple users to identify problems or resolve disputes. We may examine your personal information to identify users using multiple user IDs or aliases.
3. We may compare and review your personal information for errors, omissions and for accuracy, and follow up with you for further documentation or clarifications.
4. You agree that we may use personal information about you to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to analyze usage of Design4HK, improve our content and product offerings, and customize the Design4HK’s content, layout, and services.
5. Certain services made available via Design4HK may be delivered by third parties. By using any product, service or functionality originating from the Website, the App, the Linked Websites or Design4HK, you acknowledge and consent that we may share such information and data with any third party with whom we have a contractual relationship to provide the requested product, service or functionality for Design4HK’s users and customers.
3) STORAGE & SECURITY
1. We have adopted the following measures to protect the security and integrity of your personal information:
i. Information is encrypted using TLS/SSL technology.
ii. Your account is password-protected.
iii. Access to your personal information is restricted to personnel or service providers on a strictly need-to-know basis, who will only process your information on our instructions and who are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
iv. Our information collection, storage, and processing practices are reviewed regularly.
2. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected privacy breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
3. While we implement safeguards designed to protect your information, please note that we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure.
4. It is important that you protect against unauthorized access of your account and information by choosing your password carefully and keeping your password and computer secured.
5. If you no longer want us to use your information to provide to you our Services, you may close your account at Design4HK.
7. You can contact us to request editing of your personal data in our system. However, we may ask for proof of your identity or authorization documentation prior to authenticating the personal data demanded for amendment is inaccurate.
8. Practical steps will be taken with regards to erasing personal data when the data held is no longer required. Unless such erasure is prohibited under any law or regulation, or it is in public interest not to have the data erased. Where laws and regulations allow, we may in our sole discretion decide to anonymize your personal data where such information is insufficient to direct any party to identify you directly or indirectly.
9. Should there be any questions regarding the security of our Services, you are welcome to enquire us through email@example.com.
4) YOUR RIGHTS
1. You have the authority of accessing, providing, editing or deleting certain information. You can flexibly change or correct your Design4HK account information and Design4HK profile information.
2. You may remove certain optional information you no longer wish to be visible to the public, such as your full name. As a security measure, we may need specific information from you to assist us on confirming your identity when processing your privacy requests or when you exercise your rights.
3. Design4HK may contact you about the products and services you provide, or your activity we have in record.
4. As a security measure, we may need specific information from you to help us confirm your identity when processing your privacy requests or when you exercise your rights.
5. Any request of your personal information we store will normally be addressed free of charge. However, we may charge a reasonable administration fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive, or excessive.
6. You can control what kind of messages you want to receive and choose to opt out of receiving marketing materials from us by contacting Design4HK Support via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may still receive notifications or information from us deemed necessary for the use of our Platform and Services.
7. If you no longer wish to use the services available on Design4HK or receive service-related messages, you may close your account by notifying Design4HK Support via email at email@example.com. However, we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for record keeping and legal compliance purposes.
5) POLICY TOWARDS CHILDREN
1. Our products and services are not directed and/or eligible to unsupervised Children (individuals under 18). It is our policy not to knowingly solicit or permit children under the age of 18 to provide us their personal information for any purpose. Should we be aware of this situation happening, we will initiate procedures to remove such information. If you are under the age of 18, you may only use Design4HK in conjunction with and under the supervision of your parents or legal guardian. Please contact us if you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected information from an individual under 18.
7) CONTACT US
1. Kindly communicate your enquiries or feedback to Design4HK support team by way of email(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Please do not hesitate to inform our support team should you have the intention to demand us to stop using your information, or to file a formal complaint.